Thinking about Brownies around the world
Thinking Day is celebrated on 22nd February every year when Guides and Brownies think about their friends all over the world. There are 10 million Brownies and Guides all over the world. To find out more about Thinking Day, see: http://www.worldthinkingday.org/en/home .
You can see pictures of some Brownie and Guide Uniforms from around the world on: www.worldthinkingday.org/en/activities10/national_uniform . Look at
This year, Thinking Day focusses on two Global Action Themes:
- Reduce child mortality - "together we can save children's lives"
- Improve maternal health - "every mother's life and health are precious"
Brownies around the world
Brownies are sometimes called different things in other countries, sometimes the same:
- USA - Brownie Girl Scouts http://forgirls.girlscouts.org/girls-5-9/
- Canada - Brownies www.girlguides.ca/GGC/Programs/Core_Programming/Brownies/GGC/Programs/Core_Programming/Brownies.aspx
- Australia - Brownies http://www.girlguides.org.au/
- India - Bulbuls http://www.bsgindia.org/
- Brazil - Cirandas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federa%C3%A7%C3%A3o_de_Bandeirantes_do_Brasil
- South Africa - Brownie http://www.girlguides.org.za/